Hydroponics is the growing of plants in a liquid nutrient solution with or without the use of artificial media. Commonly used media include expanded clay pellets, peat coir, perlite and vermiculite, Hydroponics is a viable method of producing vegetables, foliage plants and other crops. The demand for locally grown produce has risen dramatically. Growing these crops hydroponically is a very efficient.
The Benefits of Hydroponics
- Can grow anywhere and less space needed for growing.
- Use less water than soil based gardening.
- No pesticides.
- The system water can be reused, allowing you to conserve water.
- Harvesting is easier.
- Constant monitoring is required.
- Production is limited compared to field conditions
- If a disease appears, all plants in the system will be affected.